Global warming has caused long-lasting climate damage. Due to the increased warmth, the summers are getting hotter every year, and there is no other way than keeping yourself cool and comfortable. Many homeowners in Dallas are looking for cooling options. But choosing the best home AC system can be a little tricky. Honestly, it is difficult to say which AC system can get you the utmost comfort. But we have listed the four most common AC systems, along with their pros and cons. All you need to do is choosing one for you wisely.
4 Most Common AC Systems You Can Choose From
A perfect AC system gets you the best return of investment through efficient cooling.
1. Portable AC Units:
Portable AC units have limited usage. If you are renting a house, where you can’t install a window AC, or want to cool down a small and specific area, you can unquestionably pick a portable AC system.
- They are easy to use and operate.
- No installation cost included. All you need to do is a plugin.
- They are incredibly energy efficient
- Relatively inexpensive to maintain
- Can’t cool more than a small area
- Not energy star certified
2. Central Home AC System:
Most Homeowners in Dallas prefer a central home AC system. A central air conditioning system cools down your home evenly, and it shares a duct system with the furnace. It circulates cold air through the system, and the return ducts carry cold air throughout your house. Once the cold air being circulated gets warmer, it arrives back to the central air conditioner through the return ducts.
- Evenly cools every room of your house
- Incredibly energy efficient
- Completely silent and makes no noise while operating
- An excellent investment with good resale value
- Gives better air quality with fewer allergens and potentially harmful gases
- Need existing ductwork or a new one
- A bit costlier than other air conditioning systems
- Energy bills can be a little higher than other AC systems
- Needs regular duct maintenance to upkeep the air quality
3. Ductless or Mini-Split System:
A ductless or mini-split system is a perfect choice for the homeowners who don’t have existing ductwork. These systems are smaller and compact than central air conditioning systems. They have two units –an indoor unit and an outdoor unit. Mini-split systems are appropriate when you want to cool down a room or a home space and not the entire house.
- Mini-split systems are small and compact
- They allow flexible temperature adjustment in every room
- Mini-split systems are energy efficient
- There are many types of modern makes and brands according to your lifestyle
- Some homeowners may not like the aesthetic of the wall-mounted unit
- The compressor unit located outside can generate much noise.
Want to Know More About the Perfect Home AC System?
Or Want to Schedule an AC Repair in Dallas?
Are you all set to invest in a new home cooling system? If yes, then it’s the time to call a professional company for HVAC repair in Dallas that also offers professional installation service. Our expert HVAC professionals will help you to pick the best AC system as per the cooling requirement of your home. They will install your AC at the perfect location. Feel free to reach out to Dallas Air Solutions at 469-226-9963 to schedule an appointment. We offer all the other services like AC repair Dallas, heating services Dallas, TX, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which type of AC is Best Fora Home?
Ans. According to the cooling need of your home, you can choose the best AC. If you want to change the position of your air conditioner frequently, you can opt for a portable system. If you wish every room of your home to have evenly cold air, a central air conditioner would be the best, and for individual room cooling, split AC should be your pick.
Q. Which Brand of AC is the Best?
Ans. The top 5 AC brands you may prefer include:
Q. What Should You Check Before Buying an AC?
Ans. First things first, you need to check the size of your room. You can pick a perfect sized AC when you are aware of the area you need to cool. You need to check the SEER rating, energy efficacy, inverter technology, fire safety, and maintenance guidelines as well.
Q. 1.5-ton AC is Enough for What Room Size?
Ans. If you have an area of 600 sq. ft to 800 sq. ft, you can pick a 1.5-ton AC for yourself.
Q. How Many Square Feet Will a 3-ton AC Cool?
Ans. A 3-ton AC can efficiently cool down an area of 1500 to 1800 square feet.
Q. How Much Does an AC Cost a Month?
Q. How Much Does an AC Consume Per Hour?
Ans. A 1.5 ton AC will consume around 1.5 units per hour, while an inverter AC will consume 0.90 units per hour.